The General Secretariat was established as stated in the eighth chapter of the Higher Education Law No. 2547, Administrative Organizations Article 51, Appointment Principles Article 52, and the Decree on the Administrative Organization of Higher Education Upper Institutions and Higher Education Laws. It carries out the work of the university administrative organization and is responsible to the Rector for the conduct of these works.
Duties, Powers and Responsibilities
• To ensure the efficient, regular and harmonious functioning of the General Secretariat and its affiliated units within the relevant laws, Presidential Decrees, regulations, guidelines and procedures and principles, and to ensure supervision and control of all activities of the units,
• To carry out the necessary studies to determine the agendas of the University Senate and the Board of Directors meetings, to prepare the decisions taken in these boards, to distribute them to the relevant departments, to ensure the protection and retention of decisions,
• To act as a reporter in the University Senate and the University Board of Directors without participation in the vote, to write down the decisions taken in these boards, to distribute them to the relevant departments, to ensure the protection and retention of decisions,
• To make a proposal to the Rector about the personnel to be assigned to the administrative organization of the university,
• To establish an adequate staff to perform administrative tasks in order for the university to achieve the goals and objectives,
• To ensure the efficient, regular and harmonious functioning of the units located in the university administrative organization, To carry out their duties in accordance with the provisions of the specified laws and regulations, as well as the decisions of the board of directors and the senate, and within the framework of the policies drawn up by them,
• To ensure the development of systems and legislation,
• To chair and/or contribute to the boards and commissions of which it is a member,
• To determine the in-service training needs of the administrative staff working at the university and to provide a training program according to these needs,
• To conduct internal and external correspondence of the Rectorate,
• To perform other tasks that will be assigned by the Rector,
• To hold periodic meetings with the Vice-Secretaries General and Office Directors, and to exchange views.